- 2-4 medium red or sweet onions
- 2-4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- dash salt
- herbs/spices: dried rosemary, thyme, parsley, paprika, garlic granules or fresh minced, etc.
- Slice onion ends; peel. Using a knife, make 4 vertical cuts in each onion; cut each quarter two more times, leaving root end intact. Gently pull onion “petals” down, separating segments.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Arrange onions root end down.
- Drizzle oil into and around onion petals. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat with herbs/spices.
- Bake at 400˚ F for about 30-40 minutes or until onions are tender and edges are crispy.
- Delectable served as a side dish with a green salad.