We are living in that time when the following prophesied events are taking place:
- Great deceptions: “Satanic delusions and deceptions will increase as we near the end of earth’s history . . . The deceiving power of Satan will continually increase to the very end.” The Signs of the Times, June 4, 1894.
- Most will be lost: “A few, yes, only a few, of the vast number who people the earth, will be saved unto life eternal, while the masses who have not perfected their souls in obeying the truth, will be appointed for the second death.” Testimonies for the Battle Creek Church, 17.
- Most Adventists will be lost “I was shown the startling fact that but a small portion of those who now profess the truth will be sanctified by it and be saved. Many will get above the simplicity of the work. They will conform to the world, cherish idols, and become spiritually dead. The humble, self-sacrificing followers of Jesus will pass on to perfection, leaving behind the indifferent and lovers of the world.” Testimonies, vol. 1, 608, 609.
- Deceptions will be so great that only through the Holy Spirit will you survive: “Heresies are now arising among the people of God, and they will continue to arise. As we near the end of time, falsehood will be so mingled with truth, that only those who have the guidance of the Holy Spirit will be able to distinguish truth from error.” Manuscript Releases, vol. 7, 359.
- The foundation of the truth will be undermined: “The time has come when things must be called by their right names. The truth is to triumph gloriously, and those who have long been halting between two opinions must take their stand decidedly for or against the law of God. Some will take up with theories that misinterpret the Word of God, and undermine the foundation of the truth that has been firmly established, point by point, and sealed by the power of the Holy Spirit. The old truths are to be revived, in order that the false theories that have been brought in by the enemy may be intelligently met. There can be no unity between truth and error. We can unite with those who have been led into deception only when they are converted.” Upward Look, 88.
- Many Adventist ministers will apostatize: “At this time when God’s people should be bearing a plain, clear message, filled with earnestness and power, many who have been appointed to preach the truth are departing from the faith. The enemy with his evil angels has come down in great power, bringing in delusions and false theories. He is working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness that he may, if possible, ‘deceive the very elect.’ Our people are in danger of being drawn away from the important, definite truths for this time. A message of Bible truth is called for to-day, and should come from hearts imbued with the Holy Spirit, and lips that have been touched with live coals from the divine altar.” Special Testimonies, Series B, 56.
- You will not survive without a knowledge of the Scriptures: “A thorough acquaintance with the Scriptures is our only safeguard against the seductive errors that Satan will bring in, to deceive if possible the very elect. The Holy Spirit’s teaching is God’s means of enlightening the minds and purifying the hearts of His people, guiding them in duty, shielding them from danger, keeping them in the fear and love of God, and in patient waiting for His appearing.” Manuscript Releases, vol. 10, 4, 5.
If God has made it possible for you to have the special light provided for the remnant, He will not work a miracle to keep you from being deceived if you do not read the books! Notice these statements: “The volumes of “Spirit of Prophecy,” should be in every family, and should be read aloud in the family circle. More than one-half of our people know little or nothing of the contents of these books, and they are losing much by their neglect.” The Review and Herald, December 26, 1882.
“Many are going directly contrary to the light which God has given to His people, because they do not read the books which contain the light and knowledge in cautions, reproofs, and warnings. The cares of the world, the love of fashion, and the lack of religion have turned the attention from the light God has so graciously given, while books and periodicals containing error are traveling all over the country. Skepticism and infidelity are increasing everywhere. Light so precious, coming from the throne of God, is hid under a bushel. God will make His people responsible for this neglect. An account must be rendered to Him for every ray of light He has let shine upon our pathway, whether it has been improved to our advancement in divine things or rejected because it was more agreeable to follow inclination.” Testimonies, vol. 4, 390, 391.