We read in the Spirit of Prophecy that Satan will at the end recall all that he had done against our Lord. We also may have to recall similar things that we have done unless we make the necessary changes in our lives right now and become like Jesus. Satan has led many to walk the same road with him. Open your eyes now and see.
“[Satan’s] Memory recalls
- the home of his innocence and purity, the peace and contentment that were his until he indulged in murmuring against God, and envy of Christ.
- His accusations, his rebellion, his deceptions to gain the sympathy and support of the angels,
- his stubborn persistence in making no effort for self-recovery when God would have granted him forgiveness—all come vividly before him.
- He reviews his work among men and its results—the enmity of man toward his fellow man,
- the terrible destruction of life, the rise and fall of kingdoms, the overturning of thrones, the long succession of tumults, conflicts, and revolutions.
- He recalls his constant efforts to oppose the work of Christ and to sink man lower and lower.
- He sees that his hellish plots have been powerless to destroy those who have put their trust in Jesus. As Satan looks upon his kingdom, the fruit of his toil, he sees only failure and ruin. He has led the multitudes to believe that the City of God would be an easy prey; but he knows that this is false. Again and again, in the progress of the great controversy, he has been defeated and compelled to yield. He knows too well the power and majesty of the Eternal.” The Great Controversy, 669.
“Satan sees that his voluntary rebellion has unfitted him for heaven. He has trained his powers to war against God; the purity, peace, and harmony of heaven would be to him supreme torture. … Satan bows down and confesses the justice of his sentence.” Ibid., 670.
What can you recall right now? Has Satan been powerless against your conviction, or has he successfully tricked you into following him on his path of destruction? We know the end of his story and it is each one’s choice now which path he or she will travel. Will you step out in faith and walk in God’s way and in the end be found without spot or wrinkle or will you take the broad way in the companionship of the enemy of heaven.
Heavenly Father: Let me not have to recall in shame what the devil has led me into but that all of my reflections be of what Jesus has done for me by the cleansing and purification of my character which will be seen in all my actions and words. I repent that I have ever followed Satan’s ways and acted like him. I pray that I may be granted eternal life with Jesus and avoid eternal death with the devil. Amen.