I think you are asking the same thing that Paul counsels us not to do in Ephesians 4:30, “… grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”
There are several comments that give some ideas on what may interfere with the Holy Spirit working in our lives. These are found in Healthful Living, 306.
- The willful commission of a known sin silences the witnessing voice of the Spirit, and separates the soul from God. Jesus cannot abide in the heart that disregards the divine law. God will honor those only who honor Him.
- No one need look upon the sin against the Holy Ghost as something mysterious and indefinable. The sin against the Holy Ghost is the sin of persistent refusal to respond to the invitations to repent.
- Let all examine their own hearts, to see if they are not cherishing that which is a positive injury to them, and in the place of opening the door of the heart to let Jesus, the Sun of Righteousness, in, are complaining of the dearth of the Spirit of God.
- Let these search for their idols, and cast them out.
- Let them cut away from every unhealthful indulgence in eating and drinking.
- Let them bring their daily practice into harmony with nature’s laws. By doing, as well as believing, an atmosphere will be created about the soul that will be a savor of life unto life.
Also read Ephesians 4:22–32 which is filled with words of counsel.
Also we are told: “The sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit does not lie in any sudden word or deed; it is the firm, determined resistance of truth and evidence.” “Ellen G. White Comments,” The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 5, 1093.
Remember to ask the Lord for spiritual discernment so you can see what it is that may be blocking the Holy Spirit from working in your life. Give your whole heart to Jesus and walk with Him, do not resist the truth, and you will see the results in your life and so will others.