God loved the world so much that He gave a connecting link to reach Him. All who connect with this link will be given eternal life. This grand link is “wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption” (I Corinthians 1:30). This link is Jesus, Who connects man to heaven.
- He has promised His personal intercession by employing His name.
- He places the whole virtue of His righteousness on the side of the suppliant.
- Christ pleads for man, and man, in need of divine help, pleads for himself in the presence of God, using the power of the influence of the One Who gave His life for the world.
- As we acknowledge before God our appreciation of Christ’s merits, fragrance is given to our intercessions.
- Oh, who can value this great mercy and love! As we approach God through the virtue of Christ’s merits, we are clothed with His priestly vestments.
- He places us close by His side, encircling us with His human arm, while with His divine arm He grasps the throne of the Infinite.
- He puts His merits, as sweet incense, in a censer in our hands, in order to encourage our petitions. He promises to hear and answer our supplications.
(See Our High Calling, 50.)
The one thing God asks of you is to connect to that Link with all of your heart, and immediately all of heaven’s graces are available to you. Is it an individual choice to “break from the slavery and service of Satan” and reach out to that grand “Connecting Link” that will give you freedom from the whirl of earthly habits in which Satan has taken the world captive. Remember who wears the conductor’s hat on the fast train.
“I saw the rapidity with which this delusion was spreading. A train of cars was shown me, going with the speed of lightning. The angel bade me look carefully. I fixed my eyes upon the train. It seemed that the whole world was on board. Then he showed me the conductor, a fair, stately person, whom all the passengers looked up to and reverenced. I was perplexed and asked my attending angel who it was. He said, ‘It is Satan. He is the conductor, in the form of an angel of light. He has taken the world captive. They are given over to strong delusions, to believe a lie that they may be damned. His agent, the highest in order next to him, is the engineer, and others of his agents are employed in different offices as he may need them, and they are all going with lightning speed to perdition.’ ” Early Writings, 263.
Jesus will hold on to you only if you choose Him as your Connecting Link. Remember, the minute you sever the connecting link by bad choices, Satan stands ready to whirl you onto the fast train to destroy you. The choice is yours.
Heavenly Father: Please protect me from boarding that fast train on which Satan is the conductor. I choose Jesus as my Saviour right now as my connecting link to Thee. Guard my choices that I may be saved from the fast train that leads to perdition. Amen.