The following are two statements which we really need to think on as they pertain to our spiritual preparation. Pablo Picasso stated: “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone” and Benjamin Franklin said: “You may delay, but time will not.”
Today is the day to make our decisions. Tomorrow is not ours and it may never be ours.
- “It is now that we must keep ourselves and our children unspotted from the world.
- It is now that we must wash our robes of character and make them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- It is now that we must overcome pride, passion, and spiritual slothfulness.
- It is now that we must awake and make determined effort for symmetry of character.
‘Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts’ (Hebrews 3:15). We are in a most trying position, waiting, watching for our Lord’s appearing. The world is in darkness. ‘But ye, brethren,’ says Paul, ‘are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief’ (I Thessalonians 5:4).
- It is ever God’s purpose to bring light out of darkness,
- joy out of sorrow, and
- rest out of weariness for the waiting, longing soul.” Testimonies, vol. 5, 215, 216.
We may stop our spiritual preparations, but time stops for nobody. We may slow down, but the seconds tick on and continue to pass. Are you lagging behind?
“Now is the time to prepare. The seal of God will
- never be placed upon the forehead of an impure man or woman. …
- never be placed upon the forehead of the ambitious, world-loving man or woman. …
- never be placed upon the forehead of men or women of false tongues or deceitful hearts.
All who receive the seal must be without spot before God—candidates for heaven.” Ibid., 216.
Think on the things of God today and prepare your heart for life in heaven now. Tomorrow is not yours, but today is. This moment will pass. As it passes, will it be filled with heavenly treasures that will be stored for you? Or, will it be empty and heavy with sorrows and regrets?
Heavenly Father: You have given me this day to do all to Thy glory. Help me to let go of the world and prepare for heaven. Let my thoughts be placed on heavenly things so that I may avoid all sorrows and regrets as time passes. Please continue to remind me that time stops for nobody and that I only have this moment to walk in Thy ways. Amen.