As we approach the near coming of Jesus there are important subjects with which you need to be well acquainted to be ready for the swiftly coming future events.
- The reasons for your faith. “We shall have to stand before magistrates to answer for our allegiance to the law of God, to make known the reasons of our faith.” Testimonies, vol. 6, 128.
- Bible predictions about the closing events in this world’s history. “And the youth should understand these things. They should know the things that will come to pass before the closing up of the world’s history.” Ibid., 128, 129.
- The Books of Daniel and Revelation. “There is need of a much closer study of the word of God; especially should Daniel and the Revelation have attention as never before in the history of our work.” Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers, 112.
“The unfulfilled predictions of the book of Revelation are soon to be fulfilled. This prophecy is now to be studied with diligence by the people of God, and should be clearly understood. It does not conceal the truth; it clearly forewarns, telling us what will be in the future.” Notebook Leaflets, vol. 1, 96.
- The judgment. “We are in the great day of atonement, and the sacred work of Christ for the people of God that is going on at the present time in the heavenly sanctuary should be our constant study.” Testimonies, vol. 5, 520.
“With what care should everyone come to the study of the Scriptures! With what a determination to know all that it is possible for him to know of the reasons of every point of the faith. Especially should he study the sanctuary question, and the first, second and third angel’s messages.” Manuscript Releases, vol. 10, 171.
- Health Reform. “God calls upon us to stand upon the broad platform of temperance in eating, drinking, and dressing. Parents, will you not awaken to your God-given responsibilities? Study the principles of health reform, and teach your children that the path of self-denial is the only path of safety.” Ibid., vol. 20, 9.